So far, I have been told the following:
- I have at least one, possibly two bulging discs in my lower spine
- These have caused damage to the sciatic nerve, which is why my right leg is experiencing shooting pains and numbness
- There may be damage to the other nerve as well
- There is a possibility of one of the discs being herniated
- If surgery is needed, the cost will be (with insurance) anywhere from $800 to $12,000. That’s on top of the $2,000 I’m already out due to tests, chiropractic, visits, meds, etc.
So, yay. I have to go in Tuesday for something called a Myelogram with CT Scan. Whatever that is.
At this point I have no idea how long this will take. I could get off lucky, only need endoscopic ‘adjustment’ , be done by the end of next week or the week after and back to normal. Or I could need to have the more heavy duty surgical corrections/replacements/fusions done. Ugh.
If it looks like I’ll be incapacitated for a long period of time (like months) then I’ll probably release the outline drafts of the rest of the works I have and my notes to anyone who thinks they can keep the series going. Otherwise, just pretend this is another random hiatus I’m on.
If pain allows tomorrow (it seems to be a bit better today) I might write something.