I don’t give a fuck about your personal information.
I don’t believe I collect any. If I did, I guarantee I will only sell it to people not involved in the production or support of Kanye West videos.
On a more serious note, this is what I have:
- The website itself (which includes the forums) : I collect your username, a ‘real name’ (which can be anything), your IP (although this is not something I view or keep) and your email address. I currently only utilize the email address for the mailing list and newsletter. As far as I know, my security features (Wordfence and Akismet) ensure none of this is exposed. I certainly don’t sell it and the only time I look at your IP is in preparation for total exterminatus banhammerings, so I doubt it will matter much.
- Discord Chat: Discord handles all the data functions there. As far as I know they are GDPR compliant. If (how in fuck I have no clue) they are not and this becomes an issue we will look for alternatives.
- Google Docs: Google handles data functions for this. If you are in the Editing Gang and use Google, there’s a good chance Google is going to fuck it up. Just be aware it’s them and not me.
- Fanfiction.net Data: Who the fuck knows? In theory I can’t see much beyond your penname. I can see rough counts of where people are signing in from by country. Everything else is handled by FF.net.
If you have a concern regarding the GDPR and LogicalPremise.net feel free to leave me a reply here or an email. I can’t imagine anyone doing so, but I’m always prepared.
Enjoy, my friends. Thanks to the Editing Gang, and for all of you who read and review.
First off, the traditional Cthulhu-themed Christmas Carol!
As for updates to the fanfic, I’m afraid I have some bad news.
No, not I’m not quitting.
But my team at work is in a death-march of patches for our client, and I am pretty exhausted and very unlikely to get anything out before the New Year. I *might* get out an STG report tomorrow, but we’re having to work today and tomorrow so no promises.
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season (regardless of your religion or lack thereof) and that you please remember those less fortunate than you and donate something to a charity that isn’t full of shit.
I’m unfortunately traveling on business, and in an area that’s from the 1950’s or fucking something because internet is beyond shitty.
Aside from that, I’ll be back on Friday, but Monday morning I’m going to be in court due to some family complications. I haven’t had a chance to do anything with the fic, but (so far) my health is stable and I should have a chance to work on it when I get back.
There’s no telling what the Editing Gang or the Discord Group have gotten up to in my absence. If another crackfic chapter is produced I cannot be held accountable.
Here you go:
In case you didn’t know, the Editing Gang has slowly and carefully been
helping me fix my abuse of punctuation and eliminate derp assisting me in rewriting the original OSABC.
We’re up to chapter 38 now (32: Shepard and Liara). There is a thread on the forums that will usually cover any major structural changes.
TWCD still being worked on by the Editing Gang as well, with a planned ETA of late Sunday evening for publication. The chapter after that will probably be out before the heat death of the universe.
ETA to publication is probably sometime this weekend.
In the past forty eight hours I have had a staggering four thousand DDOS and SQL injection attack attempts on this site from IPs resolving to the Ukraine and the Russian Federation, specifically wide attack ranges in Kiev, Moscow and Donetska (?)
If any of the readers of this site are from the above countries, please reply here or (if you are not a registered reader) reply to firstname.lastname@example.org. I need to see how many of my legit readers are from the affected sites before I decide how to deal with this mess.
As a note, I am not anywhere near Hurricane Harvey.
My back is… improving, finally, after long adjustments and an unbelievably uncomfortable laparoscopic procedure to literally carve out a piece of disc material.
The good news is the supplements are working, as the microfactures in L4 and L5 have healed up (due to being fucking immobile). L2 is still… shaky, but I can deal with that later. The upshot is that I am not stuck in backbraces and traction all the time now and can (hopefully) get both work done and some stuff done on the fiction.
The bad news is that (given it’s already the 27th) it’s extremely unlikely TWCD will be updated before the end of the month. That being said, I will hopefully be able to write some next week, clean up some OSABC chapters and dump out an update to Liara’s piece and Ahern’s stuff.
I’m going to be having a couple of more art pieces done, although no good timeline on when that will happen.
I am appreciative of all the comments, IMs, emails and texts people have sent me. Thank you for your support. 🙂
I’ll be brief:
- My back has not improved, and due to some complications, surgery is … risky. I will need to wait until my vertebrae heal to have that done.
- Until I have the surgery back pain will get worse along with possible nerve damage
- Finances are not good enough to risk taking long leave periods and work is … unstable.
As a result, it is very unlikely that the next chapter of TWCD will be out before August. I’m sorry to have to put things off at a cliff-hanger, but that’s the facts.
The fic is on hold, not dead. Even in the extremely unlikely event that I cannot finish it I would find a writer to continue it and provide ideas and support.
(Liethr: Medical details are in the chat, Cat can tell you, I’d appreciate your opinion. )