It is currently 7:50 PM CST 8-30-15.
Editing will be reviewed at midnight, and I will decide if it needs further review at that point or if to post. If it is not posted then it will be posted by 7 PM tomorrow evening CST.
There’s no need to make comments — feel free to edit the text directly — unless you have a question,in which comments are the best way to go.
I don’t know who put in the line about Tela Vasir and her adventures on Korlus but I am totally using that in this chapter. 😀
Between running my mother to treatments and dealing with increased workload from a merger I’ve been unable to write much of anything, but I’m still around.
I have parts of the next chapter of TWCD done but it’s not anywhere close to ready…maybe by the end of August.
I really appreciate all the comments, emails and PM’s. You guys rock.
I’m pretty much reduced to trying to write when my back is not forcing me to lay down at this point. I’ll have to go in and see a doctor Monday (assuming I can get in, maybe Tuesday), as this is now at a point where I’m having to stop and lay down every other hour to get the pain to decrease.
I’ve been working on two chapters at the same time, one for Liara/Telanya and one for Shepard. Based on the feedback, I think I’ll intermix the two approaches — one Sheppy chapter, then a cutaway chapter to someone else. That should satisfy everyone.
A reader is planning on starting up a ME themed role-playing session incorporating some of the stuff from my background. I think that’s a pretty neat idea, and I’ve been giving some thought to maybe trying to run a campaign online like that. There’s enough online tools (voice chat and cams, online tabletops and dice-sets and the like) that it could be done remotely, although I don’t know how many people would be interested in such a thing.
My goals for this year are as follows:
- Finish up the Encyclopedia Biotica
- Take a stab at putting together some kind of document to cover all the technological changes and additions I’ve made.
- Complete the Batarians and maybe the Quarians in the Cerberus Files
- Finish No Single Raindrop and maybe Lions.
- Probably copy the series over to AO3
- Have someone do edits on OSABC and ATTWN to clean up the grammar and work on more rewrites of OSABC’s earlier chapters.
- See the series get more attention on TVTropes
Time for more Vicodin.
My personal situation is not exactly getting better, as since I make just enough to not qualify for any kind of subsidies, the cost of insurance, prescriptions and just basic living is eating at my savings.
Thus a lot of the highly disposable income I once had is not so disposable anymore. That means, for all of 2015, I will probably only commission one artwork (either from Armesan or NikitaStewart)
It’s a toss up between three choices:
1) The Wedding of Sara and Liara and the Processional of Blades
2) The Final Moment of Benezia
3) A series of colorless sketches for Dragunov, Branson, Tetrimus, and other characters.
Interested in people’s thoughts.
I haven’t gotten around to final review or posting yet, but there will be two new updates to the OSABC line up in the next week or so.
First up is due to a request from AlsoKnownAsMatt, the ANN Media Archive. This will be mostly story-based interviews (as opposed to Westerlund style, text only transcripts) with Emily Wong and various people in the story as it moves along. The first interview will be that of Emily and Shepard when Shep announces her marriage to Doctor T’Soni. The second will most likely be Wong’s interview with Liara in the immediate aftermath of Shepard’s death.
The other new feature will be the STG Files : Benezia Incident, a pack of STG related stuff — profiles on OC’s and modified minor canon characters, STG backstory and investigations into Saren and Benezia, and some ideas of what Benezia and Saren were up to prior to ME1. Like the Cerberus Files, the STG Files is told from an in-universe perspective, but the writers are not all terrorist racist nutjobs, so it’s far more unbiased than a Season of Sorrows Unending.
If you guys and gals who read this have any more ideas, comment and let me know.
LuckyFK did work on a painting of Garrus and Telanya : http://luckyfk.deviantart.com/art/Tel-and-Gar-498896853
And Nikita did the most awesome painting of Jiong and Susan evar:
I’ll have these in the gallery later.
If you have not noticed, there is now a (very new and crappy) wiki on the site.
The purpose of the wiki is three fold:
- To provide a place for me to store notes and develop backstory and technology that I cannot shoehorn into an existing story but I require to build on. Some of the stuff is boring, other pieces just don’t need a place in the actual storyline and don’t fit in the documents.
- A place where a few other people can help me develop ideas and extensions for the story — in particular, my beta, Liethr, my co-author Progman, my primary feedback reader Michael1110 and the three or four readers I like to gank ideas from (AlexN7, NonSolus, RED78910, metaladdict, NarwhalWarlord, and Lay Down Hunter mostly)
- A place where I can store notes without the worry of losing all my goddamned work, which has happened more than once. I mean, seriously, what the fuck is the point of a RAID if both segments fail at the same fucking time?
Anyway. I doubt I will spend much time on it — ten minutes here and there at work every day adds up though. I can’t really get any writing done at work but I can build little bits of lore and backstory.
Working on the Naruto stuff now, to give my brain a rest. I’ll probably have another chapter of ATTWN to the betas by this weekend, and maybe more of No Single Raindrop as well. I MAY (no promises) get done with the research on batarian history this weekend, depends.
Yes or no, leave your commentary here.
NPC200 suggested I go ahead and at least chart out the various ground military forces of the Premiseverse. They can be found below:
Feedback is appreciated.